Exclusive Private Tours
Discover the UNESCO World Heritage Site for its phenomenal influence in the ancient world
Delphi was considered by the ancient Greeks to be the center of the world so make a stop and admire “the omphalos”, the famous stone monument marked as the navel of the world. It is a 2.30 hour drive from Athens and one of Greece’s premier tourist attractions all year round. If you want to immerse yourself in the history of ancient Greece, let us Route U straight to Delphi.
contact us and book the tour of your dreams
Duration: 12 hours
Pickup and drop off point: Your hotel/ accommodation or any other location in Athens
Pickup time: 8am
Voucher (printed or mobile)
Summer Season: Light Clothing, comfortable shoes, sunglasses, hat, sun protection cream
Winter Season: Warm clothing and comfortable shoes
Free cancellation: See our cancellation policy here.
Enjoy amazing tours around delphi with COMFORT
- City of Thebes
- The Archaeological Site of Delphi
- The Ancient Theatre of Delphi
- The Archaeological Museum of Delphi
- Arachova Villageand Mount Parnasos
Why routeunow Is The Perfect Choice?
Great People. Amazing Tours. Beautiful delphi.
- The Oracle of Delphi was the most important oracle of ancient Greece in Phocia
- Delphi is believed to be the navel or center of the Earth
- Apollo is worshipped in Delphi because he killed a serpent also called ‘drako’ and became the protector of the region
- Delphi like other religious regions in Greece held Games to honor Greek deities. The Pythian Games commenced in 591BC and were held every eight years
- The Delphi Tholos is one of the medieval structures of Delphi. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It has a circular design and stands about 13.5m in height at the middle of the Athena Pronaia temple.
- Delphi was originally guided by Gaia who was known as the ‘Grandmother of the Earth’. The city was guarded by a dragon, Python on the instructions of Gaia. This was the monster Apollo killed.
- Phoebe was the third goddess to become a priestess of Delphi. She also happens to be the grandmother of Apollo.